Welcome to Burlington Springs Golf and Country Club
Our club facility is open to Yearly and Daily Fee players. The golf course was built by Larry Bunkowsky in 1962 and opened in 1963. The greens are Penncross grass and the fairways are Merion Bluegrass.
We are dedicated to offering you the best possible service and playing conditions… and are constantly striving to improve. Your patronage is always appreciated and we hope you enjoy the test of golf Burlington Springs offers.
Thank you for respecting our Policies below.
Reservations & Check-in:
We are a popular golf course so suggest always making a tee time reservation.
Please book online via the ‘Book Your Tee Time’ button or telephone our Pro Shop (905-335-2922 or toll free 1-888-565-7355). No group larger than a foursome may play together.
Bookings can be made up to 8 Days in advance for Members, and up to 7 Days in advance for Daily Fee Players.
Please Check-in at the Pro Shop 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time to maintain pace of play.
We accept cancelations without charge but request you advise us of any changes to your booking as early as possible, preferably at least 24 hours in advance. Same day notification is more likely when cancelling due to inclement weather.
(Note: please refer to the GolfNow website for their cancelation policy)
Pull carts and Electric carts are available for rental. Please keep your electric cart a minimum of 30 feet from all greens and tees except when on designated cart paths.
Players renting and driving an electric cart must be a minimum of 21 years old and hold a valid full G licence. The cost of damage resulting from operation of an electric cart is the responsibility of the renter.
Reckless driving of any sort is not tolerated and may result in the driver’s ejection from the course.
- Please do not come to the course if you are feeling sick or have been in close contact with someone with COVID or COVID symptoms
- Bookings must be made online or by phone prior to arrival
- Please do your part to keep yourself, other golfers, and our staff safe and healthy while at our facility.
Men’s and Women’s clothing designed for golf and befitting the sport is appropriate. For example, collared golf shirts, slacks, shorts, skirts/shorts, etc, are acceptable. Track shorts/pants, clothes with offensive content, etc, are not acceptable.
Soft spikes or athletic shoes are appropriate. Metal spikes and other types of footwear are not.
Pace of Play:
Burlington Springs targets a 4 hour round for the collective enjoyment of our customers.
Our Players Assistants may offer pace of play tips to slower groups to help keep the course on schedule – please follow their advice or instructions. All golfers can benefit by following these tips (below) and promoting them to the rest of their group. Thanks for your observance.
Pace of Play Tips:
- Stay in POSITION – keep up to the group in front of you, then you won’t ever have to worry about the group behind you
- Play READY golf – whoever is ready to play, regardless of distance, should hit or even putt when safe to do so
- Spend 2 mins MAX looking for your lost ball – keep a close eye on where it went in and drop another quickly if you know it’s gone
- Play APPROPRIATE TEES – Blue tees are suited to players who regularly shoot in the mid 80s or lower. Consider moving up to the Light Blues from the Whites if you’ve lost some distance. Remember, shorter shots into the greens typically produce better scores
- Minimize PRE-SHOT ROUTINE – have a pre-shot routine but keep it simple, take one practice swing, trust your first line when putting, be ready to hit when it’s your turn, don’t be a “Bryson DeChambeau”.
- Use your POWER CART effectively – drop your partner at his/her ball and drive to yours, or park midway between and walk over
- Have great CONVERSATIONS – but don’t start telling the story when it’s your turn to hit or putt.
Remember, the entire golf course is behind you and, if you’re playing at a 5 hr pace, then so is EVERYONE else. Be considerate of that and we’ll all wait less and enjoy our round at Burlington Springs even more.
Rain Check issuance due to inclement weather is always at the discretion of the Pro Shop, per the following formula:
- If you tee off on #1 and decide to stop playing before teeing off on #2 then you will receive a full rain check equal to the value of the green fee you purchased
- Once you tee off on #2 and decide to stop playing before teeing off on #10 you will receive a rain check equal to half the value of the green fee purchased.
- Once you tee off on #10 no rain check will be provided.
Should our weather siren be sounded due to the threat of lightening, all players must make their way to the clubhouse, other buildings, or their motor vehicles. Avoid open areas, high ground, and tall trees.
Consult with the Pro Shop and/or listen for an announcement on ‘return to play’ after the storm passes.
A wide selection of alcoholic beverages is available from our Bunker Bar and Grill or the Beverage Cart.
Per Ontario’s Liquor License and Control Act, alcohol not purchased on the property is prohibited so please do not bring it to the course. Any such alcohol is subject to seizure to ensure our legal compliance. We may refuse alcohol sales to an individual or group in order to serve responsibly and ensure the safety of our customers and employees.
Please repair all divots and ball marks (free repair tools available in the Pro Shop), rake all bunkers, and observe all signs and ropes. We take great pride in our golf course so please leave it in the same condition you wish to find it.
Fairway Yardage to the Middle of the Green – Red: 100 yards/ White: 150 yards/ Blue: 200 yards
Flag Placement – Red: Front/ White: Middle/ Gold: Back
- Ball in creeks or reservoirs – remove, drop not nearer the hole – 1 stroke penalty
- Ball lost or over fence on #2, #3, #5, #7, #13 and white markers on #18 – 1 stroke penalty and distance
- Immovable obstructions – 1 club length relief (no penalty) not nearer the hole from:
sprinkler heads, 100/150/200 yard markers, young trees, new sod, another green, roads, parking lot, bridges, maintenance equipment, tee signs, and surface rocks on fairways.
- Protection fences/netting on #1, #5, #6, #11, #17, #18, clubhouse and maintenance buildings – take line of sight relief to hole, no nearer the hole.
- Ball in water off tee #9, #11, #17 – 1 stroke penalty – proceed to drop zone
- Lost balls – some groups may choose to treat all trouble areas as “red stakes” rule – 1 stroke penalty – drop as close as possible to where the ball went into the trouble
- Planted tree areas – some groups may choose to pick up found balls hit into planted tree areas and drop where the ball entered – no penalty
Burlington Springs Golf and Country Club assumes no liability for any bodily injury incurred or for damage to or theft of your golf equipment or motor vehicle while you are at the golf course.